Geography Economics July 2016 Board Paper
Q. 1. (A) Complete the following statements by choosing the appropriate alternatives from those given in the brackets and rewrite the sentences in your answer boom: 
(1) The wool of ________________ breed of sheep is considered of superior quality. (Chokla, Pungal, Marwari, Malpuri)
(2) Varanasi is famous for ______________ (Cotton sarees, woollen clothes, silk sarees, leather production)
(3) The triangular region to the south of Narmada is known as the ___________ plateau. (Malwa, Bundelkhand, Chota Nagpur, Deccan)
(B) Match the items in Column ‘A’ with those in Column ‘B’: 
(i) Indira Point
(a) Food Processing Industries
(b) Rich in Minerals
(iii) Chota Nagpur Plateau
(c) Southernmost tip of India.
Q. 2. (A) Give geographical reasons for the following statements. (Any two) 
(1) Himalayas determine climatic conditions of India.
(2) Punjab - Haryana plain has become a granary of India.
(3) Compared to the Bay of Bengal islands, the Arabian Sea islands receive less rainfall.
(4) Plantation agriculture is mainly confined to the southern parts of the Western Ghats.
(B) Write short notes on (Any two) 
(1) Physiography of Marusthali
(2) Irrigation in Punjab - Haryana Plains.
(3) Geology of the Physical Divisions of India.
Q. 3. A. With the help of given statistical data prepare a Divided Rectangle Diagram: 
Agricultural Production (2010 - 2011)
Oil - seeds
(B) Observe the following map and answer the questions given below it. (any two) 
(1) Name the westward flowing river.
(2) In which direction does river Godavari flow?
(3) Name the plateaus mentioned in the given map.
(4) Name the hills in the Karnataka Plateau.
(C) Mark the following in the outline map of India supplied to you. Write the names. Give index (any two) 
1. Mumbai Port
2. Palk Strait
4. Aravalli Mountains.
Q. 4. Answer the following questions in detail (any two) 
1] What are the characteristics of tourism in the Himalayan region?
2] What are the characteristics of agriculture in Central Highlands of Peninsular Plateau region of India?
3] Give information about Transportation in the Eastern Coastal Plains of India.
Q. 5. Fill in the blanks by choosing the correct alternatives from those given in the brackets: 
1] In the __________ technique there is more use of machinery than labour. (Capital intensive, labour intensive, traditional)
2] Goods and services are produced and supplied by ________ sector on the basis of ‘No Profit, No Loss’. (joint, private, public)
Q. 6. Answer the following questions in one or two sentences each. (any three) 
1] What is meant by Natural Resources? Give examples.
2] What are the Non - economic effects of inflation?
3] What is meant by Public borrowings?
4] What are the main objectives of Consumer Protection Act?
5] Explain any two benefits of Public Distribution System in India.
Q. 7. Answer any one of the following questions in five or six sentences. 
1] Explain the monetary measures to control inflation.
2] Explain the drawbacks of Public Distribution System.