- Attempt the following: (5)
- Find the common difference (d) for the given A.P. 5, 10, 15, 20, .......
- In the linear equation x + y = 5, if x = 3 then find the value of y.
- The number (n) of notebooks and cost (P) of notebooks have direct variation between them. Write it symbolically.
- If a = 2, b = - 4 , c = 1 find b2 - 4ac.
- Write 12x - 24 = 5x2 in the general form.
- Attempt the following. (8)
- If tn = 3n + 5, then find the first two terms of the A.P.
- Determine whether (1, 4) is the solution of linear equation x + y = 5 or not.
- Solve x2 + 9x + 8 = 0 using factorization method.
- Express the following information in mathematical form using two variables x and y.
- Sum of two numbers is 57.
- Difference of the two numbers is 40.
- Attempt the following: (9)
- Solve the quadratic equation by factorization method: x2 + 10x + 24 = 0.
- Solve the simultaneous equation by method of elimination: x + y = 3; x - y = 1.
- Complete the following table in which n ∝ m:
- Attempt the following: (8)
- Find the sum of all odd natural numbers from 1 to 100.
- Solve: k + 5d = 31 ; 2x = 10 - 2c. Using the method of equating the coefficient.
- Attempt the following: (10)
- A farmer borrowed Rs. 8000 and agreed to repay with a total interest of Rs. 1360 in 12 monthly instalments, each instalment being less than the preceding one by Rs. 40. Find the amount of the first and the last instalments.
- Solve the following quadratic equation by completing square method: 5y2 - 4y - 1 = 0.