2. State the characteristics of matter.
*3. Why does ice float on water?
4. What are the different states of matter?
5. What is meant by sublimation?
6. State the characteristics of solids,liquids,gas.
7. Define freezing point,evaporation,melting,melting point,condensation.
8. Suggest one scientific Word for all of the following changes.
Solid wax converts into liquid wax .
Ice changes into water .
A plastic bowl kept near the flame changes its shape. Frozen butter is kept outside the refrigerator.
*9. Why do solids have definite shape?
10. What is crystal lattice?
11. Name the scientist who discovered Fahrenheit scale?
*12. How are gases liquefied?
13. Why are gases more compressible than liquids?
14. The smell of hot sizzling food reaches you several meters away, but to get the smell from cold food have to go close. Why?
15. What is the physical state of water at 1.257°C 2.100° C 3.0° C
16. State the factors that affect the rate of evaporation.
17. Define Viscocity.