Geography Economics Sample Question paper for Board Exam
(1) Floral and Faunal diversity
(b) Southeast of the Punjab
(3) Harmandir Sahib
(c) The foothills of the Siwaliks
(d) Siwalik in Punjab
1. Characteristics of the North Indian Plain.
2. Origin of Himalayas.
3. The Ganga drainage pattern.
III. (A) Draw a simple bar graph to show the following statistical data: (2)
(1) A hill station in the Ghats from Maharashtra
(3) Mumbai Port
(4) Chota Nagpur Plateau
III. (C) Observe the map and answer the questions given below: (Any 2) (2)
1. Name any two tributaries of River Ganga in the Lower Ganga Plain.
Answer: Son and Gomati are the tributaries of River Ganga int he Lower Ganga Plain.
2. Name the rivers in the Doab region.
Answer: Ganga and Yamuna are the rivers in the Doab region.
3. Which is the northernmost river in the Ganga Plain?
Answer: Yamuna is the northernmost river in the Ganga Plain.
4. What is the height of Bhabar Zone?
Ans. More than 300 Metres.
IV. Answer briefly the following Questions: (Any 2) (4 marks each)
1. What is the Process for the identification of the region?
2. Explain the nature of distribution of population in the Ganga Plain
3. What are the factors that make the Western Ghats and Western Coast the favored destination of tourist?
2. In the _________ technique there is more use of machinery than labour.
(capital intensive, labour intensive, traditional)
VI. Answer the following in one or two sentences: (Any 3) (6)
1. What is meant by mixed economy?
2. Explain the meaning 'Bank Rate".
3. Explain various types of Economy.
4. What are the two main causes of Inflation?
5.Give two examples of Natural resources?
VII. Answer the following in 5 to 6 sentences: (Any 1) (4)
1. Explain the effects of inflation on distribution.
2. Explain the duties of a consumer.