1. Match the following
1. Regular polygon b
2. Midpoint or center d
3. Angle with given size e
4. Circle with center through point. a
5. Angle bisector c
2. Fill in the blanks
1. Tool used for measurement of interior angle is _____.
2. Click ______ show and edit all the created objects.
Ans-> Edit – Show/Hide Objects.
3. Construction of objects and graphs of functions is shown by ___ View.
4. Tool used for hiding the axes is _____ tool.
5. Angle bisector of an angle can be constructed using ____ tool by clicking ____times in succession.
Ans-> Angle bisector, three
3. Give uses of following tool.
1. Tangents - To draw tangents to a circle from a given point or parallel to given line.
2. Segment - To draw a segment between two point A and B.
3. Perpendicular bisector - To create a perpendicular bisector of a given segment between two point
4. Perpendicular line - To draw a straight line through a point and perpendicular to a line.
5. Parallel line - To draw a straight line through a point and parallel to a given line.
4. Answer the following.
1. Give names of different parts of Geogebra screen.
Ans-> The main part of the Gegebra window are (1) Title bar (2) Menu bar (3) Tool Bar (4) Algebra View (5) Graphics View (Drawing Pad) (6) Input Bar.
2. What would you use to type the equation for drawing graph.
Ans-> In Geogrbra, a graph is drawn by typing its equation in the input field of the Input bar and pressing the Enter key. The rules for the algebraic input are as follows.
(1) Only x and y in lower case can be used as variables.
(2) A linear equation in two variables can be entered in standard form. Multiplication is entered by using an asterisk (*) and division is entered using a forward slash (/).
(3) An exponent or index is entered using a caret (^).
3. Give two methods to find mean, mode and median of given data.
To find out mean median and mode of a list of sample data, the list may be created in two ways in Geogebra, namely, using input bar or the spreadsheet view.
Method 1 : In the input field of the input bar, type the sample data as a comma delimited list with in braces (Curly brackets). It may be named using lower or upper case letters. If no names are given, the program names them as list1, list2 etc. The Algebra View displays the list and its name under free objects.
Method 2: Enable the spreadsheet View from the View menu. Enter the data in the first column or row. Select all data by dragging the mouse and select Create List from the right- click context menu. The algebra view displays the list and its name.(L1, L2, etc) under dependent objects.
Suppose a list has been created with a name L1. To find the mean, median and mode of the list, type each command with the list name enclosed within square brackets in the input bar, Mean [L1],Median [L1], Mode [L1] and press enter key. The algebra view displays the values under dependent objects.