8. Your younger brother who is staying in a hostel has failed in the terminal examination and has become nervous. He is thinking to give up studies. Write a letter persuading him to continue the efforts and get success.
19. Write a letter to a friend apologising for not having been able to attend his sister's marriage.
20. Write a letter of apology to a friend for not having kept an appointment which you have made with him, explaining fully what prevented you.
21. Write a letter to a friend thanking him for his hospitality during your stay with him on the x-mas holidays.
31. Write a reply to the letter, in which your friend, requesting him to return a book which he lent to you a long ago.
38. Write a letter to a friend, describing your impression of a city you have visited for the first time.
39. Write a letter to a friend, describing your impression of a city you have visited for the first time.
40. Write a letter to a friend, describing your impression of a city you have visited for the first time.
41. Write a letter to your father, informing him of the course of study you wish to take after you have passed the S.S.C examination.
46. Your cousin has recently won the prize at a state level Elocution Competition. Write a letter congratulating her on her success.
47. Write a letter to your cousin giving him the exact direction and instruction to reach your house.
48. Your favourite aunt is ill. Write her letter wishing her a speedy recovery and assuring her of your prayers.
49. Write a letter to your uncle thanking him for the help he provided your family during his stay at your place.
52. Your mother has written to you at your hostel asking whether you can get leave from school to attend your cousin’s wedding. Write her a reply.
53. Your mother has written to you at your hostel asking whether you can get leave from school to attend your cousin’s wedding. Write her a reply.
54. Your performance at the Terminal Examination held by your school was unsatisfactory. Write a letter to your father, who is out of town, explaining the reason for your poor performance.
55. Write a letter to your father requesting him to send you a money order of Rs. 2500/- as you attend an interview in Mumbai
57. “Manners are the ornament of action and there is a way of speaking a kind word, or of doing a kind thing, which generally enhances their value.” Write a letter on this subject from a father to a son.
59. Write a letter to your friend inviting him/her to accompany you to a film festival for which you have two complimentary tickets/passes.
60. Your mother has shown you some family portraits of elderly members of your family. She has described their lives to you.
62. Write a letter to a person who inspires you, seeking his or her advice regarding a problem that You are facing. Given the person details of your problems.
63. Write a letter to your sister/ brother telling her/ him about your best friend and how much you trust her/ him and how you share your secrets with her/ him:
64. Your cousin brother has asked advice on the choice of a profession. Write a letter giving him your views.