· Sports / laboratory equipment
· Magazines / journals
· Electronic gadgets
· Household items
Include the following content
· Refer to the advertisement
· Give details of goods being ordered (brand , item, author, colour/size etc, quantity, price if given)
· Give the mode of dispatch and payment
· Conclude politely asking for a prompt and safe delivery of goods.
Q. You are Priya Khanna, librarian of your school, Aligarh. You have been asked to place an order for some books for the school library. Write a letter to the Sales Manager, Light House, Main Road, Noida, placing an order for the books that you need.
20th January ‘2011
The Sales Manager
Subject: Placing an order for books
I have reliably learnt that your book shop supplies books at discount rates. I would like to place the following order for the school library.
The payment will be made by cheque on receipt of the goods. Kindly ensure that the order reaches us within a week .
Librarian, Army School