BISMILLAH OMTEX CLASSES HISTORY & POLITICAL SCIENCE PRELIMINARY EXAM 40 MARKS 2 HOURS
Q.1 (A) FILL IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. Stalin broke ______ Treaty and established his power on Poland. (NATO, Warsaw, Yalta)
2. The President of America ________has declared 14-point programme. (George bush, Woodrow Wilson, Roosevelt)
3. Kemal Pasha established a new republic in ______, after having revolted against the sultan. (Hague, Ankara, Weimer)
(B) MATCH THE PAIRS: 3 MARKS
1. Kaiser William II 1. The northern and eastern parts of the USA
2. Winston Churchill 2. South Africa
3. Nelson Mandela 3. American journalist
Q.2 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 3 MARKS
1. What are the objectives of the UNO?
2. Why did League of Nations Fail?
3. Why their dissatisfaction was created in Europe after the First World War?
Q.3 GIVE REASONS FORTHE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
1. Mahatma Gandhi had withdrawn the Non Cooperation Movement.
2. European countries turned their attention towards African continent.
3. Cold war was increased due to U2.
Q.4 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 40 TO 50 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 6 MARKS
1. Write about the Philosophy of Karl Marx.
2. Why did the Fascist Italy become an aggressive nation?
3. Write about Lenin's New Economic Policy.
Q.5 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 60 TO 80 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 8 MARKS
1. Describe the political works of the League of Nations.
2. Write about Hitler's internal policy.
Q.6 FILLS IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. In the absence of ____________political equality can become meaningless. (affluence, social equality, country's progress, vigilance)
2. Extreme __________ endangers democracy. (inequality, vigilance, unity, tolerance)
3. In India, on an average _________percent people vote in Lok Sabha. (58, 38, 68, 48)
Q.7 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY THREE) 3MARKS
1. What is the federal system of government?
2. Name any two religions existing in India.
3. Give one example of social pressure.
4. State the meaning of tolerance.
5. State any one way of the people's participation?
Q.8 STATE GIVING REASOSNS FOR TRUE OR FALSE: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
1. When two or more than two parties come together and form government it is called two party system.
2. People who share common political opinion form political party.
3. The importance of regional parties has decreased in Indian Politics.
4. In a democracy, government is not accountable to any one.
Q.9 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY ONE) 2 MARKS
1. Political parties are link between government and the people. Explain?
2. Write short note on Communist Party of India?