BISMILLAH OMTEX CLASSES HISTORY & POLITICAL SCIENCE PRELIMINARY EXAM 40 MARKS 2 HOURS
Q.1 (A) FILL IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. The European traders in china established an organization named __________ (Cohong, Peking, Nanking)
2. Trygve Lie of _________ was elected as the first Secretary of the UNO. (Norway, Rome, France)
3. The Constitution set up in Germany after the First World War is known as __________. (Genro, Weimer, Nazism)
(B) MATCH THE PAIRS: 3 MARKS
1. Eisenhower 1. Communist Manifesto
2. Woodrow Wilson 2.India
3. Karl Marx 3.Russia
4. Policy of self-decision
Q.2 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 3 MARKS
1. What were the objectives of the League of nation?
2. Why did the European countries start to increase weapons and ammunitions?
3. Write the foreign policy of Bismarck?
Q.3 GIVE REASONS FORTHE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
- Nuclear weapons competition was encouraged because of cold war.
- The underdeveloped and developing nations are in the clutches of globalization.
3. An international trade movement began in Europe
Q.4 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 40 TO 50 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 6 MARKS
- Give brief information about 'The Kanagawa Treaty'?
2. Write any 5 destructive effects of imperialism?
- Why did Russia's economic condition decline?
Q.5 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 60 TO 80 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 8 MARKS
1. Describe the effects of the Second World War
2. Explain the merits of decolonization.
Q.6 FILLS IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. In a democracy, all citizens have ____________right to vote. (equal, unequal, limited, indirect)
2. The Indian National congress was established in __________ (1885, 1985, 1857, 1957)
3. _________ is a country homogeneous in the case of language. (sri lanka, India, China, Pakistan)
Q.7 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY THREE) 3MARKS
- What is direct democracy?
- What is recall?
- When is referendum adopted?
- Why representative democracy is inevitable?
- What is apolitical party?
Q.8 STATE GIVING REASOSNS FOR TRUE OR FALSE: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
1. To propose a law is the responsibility of legislature in India
2. There is Presidential democracy in India-
3. Holding election is a necessary condition for existence of democracy
4. There are no restrictions on citizens holding arms in U.S
Q.9 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY ONE) 2 MARKS
1. Write short note on fundamental right and protection of freedom.
2. What is indirect democracy?