BISMILLAH OMTEX CLASSES HISTORY & POLITICAL SCIENCE PRELIMINARY EXAM 40 MARKS 2 HOURS
Q.1 (A) FILL IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. Vasco-da-Gama sought business concession from king_______ of Calicut. (Aurangazeb, Afzal Khan, Zamorin)
2. During the revolutionary period, Russia ruled by the Tsar ________ (Nicholas II, Nicholas I, William)
3. The Non-Aligned Conference in 1955 was held in __________ (India, Bandung, England)
(B) MATCH THE PAIRS: 3 MARKS
1. Headquarters of the League of Nation 1. The northern and eastern parts of the USA
2. Amerigo Vespucci 2. Nazism
3. Adolf Hitler 3. Genro
Q.2 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 3 MARKS
1. How was the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party established in the year 1898?
2. What was the effect of St. Petersburg's revolt?
3. Why did democratic experiment fail in Russia?
Q.3 GIVE REASONS FORTHE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
- Decolonization started late in the African Continent.
- Nationalism started in the colonies.
- A war fought for peace means cold war.
Q.4 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 40 TO 50 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 6 MARKS
1. What is the meaning of colonization?
2. Why did England, France and Russia give importance to the Balkan region?
3. Why did Austria announce the war against Serbia?
Q.5 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 60 TO 80 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 8 MARKS
1. Write about Kemal Pasha's development policy in Turkey.
2. Give any four reasons of the Second World War.
Q.6 FILLS IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. In Australia, amendment of constitution is brought by__________ (plebiscite, referendum, recall, initiative)
2. The Party (or Parties) winning the majority of seats in the election is known as__________ party.(Ruling, Opposition, Independent, Free)
3. To maintain and capture ____________ is the main aim of the political parties. (Publicity, Minority, Power, Information)
Q.7 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY THREE) 3MARKS
1. State any one difference between ruling party and the opposition party.
2. What is a state level or regional political party?
3. State any two party systems?
4. Who undertook efforts to abolish the caste system in India?
5. What measures the government of Maharashtra has taken to ensure increase in the representation of women?
Q.8 STATE GIVING REASOSNS FOR TRUE OR FALSE: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
1. Tolerance is necessary component of democracy-
2. Higher the initiative, weaker the democracy will be
3. Running a government has become quite easy in modern times
4. No society is uniform in all respects
Q.9 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY ONE) 2 MARKS
1. What are the different ways of having people's participation in democracy?
2. Write the functions of the political party?