BISMILLAH OMTEX CLASSES HISTORY & POLITICAL SCIENCE PRELIMINARY EXAM 40 MARKS 2 HOURS
Q.1 (A) FILL IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. The imperialism in the modern period is a result of ________revolution. (French, Industrial, Russian)
2. According to Karl Marx, the ________ group should set fundamental social change. (owner; workers; women’s)
3. ______ is called the ‘Father of Atomic Energy’. (Prof. Rutherford, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Dr. Homi Baba)
(B) MATCH THE PAIRS: 3 MARKS
1. Dostoyevsky 1. Russian President
2. Father Gapon 2. March on the Royal Palace of St. Petersburg
3. Nikita Khrushchev 3. Non-Aligned Movement
4. Writer and Thinker
Q.2 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 3 MARKS
1. Describe the Weimer Republic?
2. Why did the military dictatorship (autocracy) rise in Japan?
3. Describe the functions of General Assembly?
Q.3 GIVE REASONS FORTHE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
- The works of the UNO are praiseworthy.
- European Nations established their colonies in Asia.
- European imperialism was not opposed by Asian countries.
Q.4 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 40 TO 50 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 6 MARKS
1. Write the social work of the League of Nations
2. Explain the term Bloody Sunday'
3. How did Hitler acquire power in Germany?
Q.5 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 60 TO 80 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 8 MARKS
1. Write functions and three main factors of League of Nations.
2. Give information about the International court of the League of Nations.
Q.6 FILLS IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. To maintain and capture ________ is the main aim of the political parties. (Publicity, Minority, Power, Information)
2. At present there are ___________ national parties in India. (Six, Two, Three, Four, Seven)
3. __________parties act as a watch dog of democracy. (Ruling, Opposition, Recognized, Registered)
Q.7 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY THREE) 3MARKS
1. What is possible only in democracy?
2. What is regional inequality?
3. State any one way of the people's participation?
4. State the meaning of tolerance.
5. Give one example of social pressure.
Q.8 STATE GIVING REASOSNS FOR TRUE OR FALSE: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
1. In many countries even after the introduction of democracy women did not have the right to vote
2. India had adopted a policy of non-secularism
3. National Congress Party is a regional Party
4. Caste system is like a hierarchy
Q.9 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY ONE) 2 MARKS
1. Write short note on Communist Party of India?
2. Write short note Maharashtra Navnirman Sena?