Q1. Select correct alternative from the given alternatives (Two correct answers)
(1) Integral parts of forum are user group and post.
(a)Admiration section (b) teacher
(c)User group (d)post
(2) Types of VOIP are VOLP Adapters and VoIP phones.
(a)VOIP Adapters (b) Broad Band
(c)Computer to internet (d) VOIP phones
Q.2 Write true or false.
(1)The cost of product in E-commerce is more than that of traditional commerce.
Ans . False.
(2)VOLP stands for voice internet protocol
(3)E-commerce stands for Electronic commerce.
(4) EDI stands for electronic Data internet .
(5) Internet banking can be called E-banking
(6)ATM stands for any time money.
Q.3 Answer the following.
(1)Define blog and explain various type of blog.
Ans. The term blog is formed from weblog. It is a personal diary space of a user at a website to chronicle articles ideas and opinions. A blog is set up like a conventional website, bat with ne stand. And characteristic : the posting. Blog posting are text entries which include posting date, similar to diary or journal. But appear in reverse chronological order i.e. the most recent post appears first. Postings are often short and frequently updated. Visitors to blog site are free to view and comment on the posts. A blog may include news, facts, digital media, links to other web articles and comments by visitors.
TYPES OF BLOGS :
(1)Personal Blogs : This traditional and most common types of blog is an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual, usually to reflect on life or works of art.
(2)Business Blogs : These are of two types (1) Organizational Blogs, Which are used internally within an organization to enhance inter organizational communication and (2) Corporate blogs, which are used externally for marketing purposes.
Q. 2 Write down the steps to create a blog.
Ans. An HTML editor can be used to create blogs and send them to a web server using FTP.
Alternatively, there are many free online blog software (or blog wares) to create and post blogs. e.g. Blogger, Word Press, Type Pad, Drupal, etc.
Steps to create and post blogs using goole1`s Blogger are as follows:
(1) Log on to the Internet and go to the free blogging website, http: //www.blogger.com.
(2) If you have a Google Account, sign in with your Google email ID and password, and
Click the `Sign In` button Else, click the `SIGN UP’ button to create a new Google Account.
If you are creating a new Google Account you will be asked to fill your name, use
Name, password, date of birth and the CAPTCHA image displayed.
(3) On the next page, chose between a Google+ profile or a limited profile. And people to your circles whom you want to follow and finally your photograph.
(4) On the next page (called the Blogger Dashboard), click on the `NEW blog` button.
(5) In the window that opens, enter a title and address (URL) for your blog. The
Address could be the blog title itself if it a single word and if it has not been already used by someone else.
Choose a template; you can change the template and customize your blog later.
(6) Click the `Create blog!` button.
(7) On the next page, you will see the title of your newly created blog with the message, ``Your Blog has been created! Start posting/Dismiss``
(8) Click on the `Start posting` link, or the `Create new post` button to compose. Preview your post, save, publish and close the composing window. Click the `View blog` button to view it.Q.3.How the google is used?
Ans-> Google is a search engine. A search engine is something you use to find information. For example if you are looking for a florist to buy flowers. You might type florist into google and see what comes up. You can than refine the search for florists in your area or that might specialize in orchids.
Ans-> E-commerce is a modern business methodology that is associated with buying, selling and exchanging product, services and information over computer network including the Internet.
Three technologies of ecommerce are E-market, Electronic Data Interchange and internet commerce.
Q.5 .Explain EDI and highlight its benefits.
Ans-> Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the direct electronic computer-to-computer transfer of business transaction data in standardized formats between the trading partners over a private network, a value added network (VAN) or Internet.
EDI requires 1- EDI Standards, 2- EDI software, 3- VAN or Internet and 4- Trading partners or community.
EDI is commonly used in the execution and settlement phases of a trade cycle to create multiple transactions sets.
Q.6. Explain the advantage and disadvantage of VoIP.
Ans-> Advantages of VoIP.
1- Internet access, Video, voice and data communication can be used at the same time through a singe device and over same network.
2- VoIP services are available while traveling via an Internet connection or Wi- fi.
3- Preferred communication option for users because of an affordable.
4- Companies can send voice and data cheaply.
Disadvantage of Voip.
1- Risk of hacking and Spam voicemails.
2- Call may be disconnected if the internet connection goes down.
3- During power outage communication is not possible.
Q.7. Define forum and its structure.
Ans-> An Internet forum is a website where people discuss in the form of posted messages. Activities of forum include answering questions, helping others with tips, and discussing a topic. These conversations are saved for others to read, respond and keep the topics active.
Structure of a forum.
A forum consists of tree like directory structure of categories, sub-forums, topic and posts. Under each category, there are sub forums and these sub forums can have more sub-forums. The topic commonly called threads, come under the lowest level of the forum. Under topics, members can start their discussions or posts, governed by a group called moderators.
Q.8. Explain how blogs can be used in education system.
Ans -> A blog created for educational purposes is called an edublog.
Uses of edublogs.
1- Edublogs are good supporting tool for students and teachers to learn and teach with an higher order thinking.
2- Teachers are sharing educational information among their community.
3- Edublogs can be used as an instructional resources.
4- Teachers blog can also be used to post class announcements, home assignment and class expectations.
Edublogs are exploring ideas, techniques and tool for a wide range of educational purposes.
9) How will you find specific place routs by using Google Earth Wiki mapia?
Ans-> To find a specific routes/directions using Google earth or Google maps.
1- Go to appropriate website and click on the ‘Get directions’ Button on the left pane.
2- In the two boxes A and B, enter the starting location in box A and destination in Box B.
3- Click on the ‘GET DIRECTION’ button below. The right window will show the road map with the road route highlighted.
10) Explain e-market.
Ans-> Electronic market (e-market) is inter-organization information system that facilitates both buyers and sellers to communicate product offers, prices, payment and services using computer networks, Internet and other digital technologies.
Q.4. Answer the following questions.
1) How is forum different from web application?
1. A forum is not a personal like a blog and may be created by a company or an organization for public relation or by individual for earning online.
1. A blog is more personal belonging to one individual.
2. A forum like a bulletin board for discussion and consist of posted messages.
2. A blog consist of short article on specific topic , issues or events in the life of the blogger
3. A forum discussion consists short comments by general public.
3. A blog is like a personal dairy where the blogger posts one’s thought an open ions, which everyone can read and leave their comments on.
4. A forum offers memberships to person who would like to participate in discussions/debates.
4. A blog being a more personal space there is no question of memebership.
2) Explain the trade cycles of e-commerce.
A trade cycle consist of four phases.
1- Pre-sales : Finding a supplier and agreeing the terms
2- Execution : Selecting/Ordering goods and taking delivery.
3-Settlement : Invoicing and payment. In consumer-to-business e-commerce, payments are usually done along with the ordering of goods or by cash on delivery.
4- After sales : Following up complaints, and providing maintenance or other support as specified in terms of supply.
3) Write a short note on maps and navigation.
Ans-> One can navigate e-maps in two dimensions using the mouse or keyboard.
Click and drag the map, or click on the appropriate arrows on the pan control to move the view north, south, east or west.
To zoom – 1-Use the mouse scroll button forward to zoom in , or backward to zoom out that location.2- Click ‘+’ or ‘-‘ on the zoom control, or drag zoom slider up and down.3- Double click the location.
1- Press up/down/right /left arrows keys to move north/south/east/west respectively.
2- Press the ‘+’ key or the ‘-‘ key on the numerical keypad to zoom in or zoom out.
4) Explain E Governance.
Ans- E-Governance is the technology –driven government system which enables citizens to access government information and service by visiting the appropriate website on the internet.
E-government is the use of ICTs for delivering relevant government information and services efficiently and transparently to citizens, business and other arms of government for a wider participation in a representative democracy.
E –government service delivery modals are Government to Citizen(G2C),Government to Business (G2B), Government to employees(GE) and Government to Government (G2G).
5) Explain E maps in Brief.
Ans-> an electronic map (e-map) or digital map is an interactive computerized geographical map with zooming, root planning and navigational facilities. Some popular e-maps are Google earth, Google maps and Wikipedia.
An e-map allow user to search, to upload photos and mark places and add description. E-maps are very useful to find out roots when you are travelling.
6) Explain map layers in brief.
Ans-> (1) Traffic layers – It shows the current traffic condition on the arterial roads. Fast moving traffic is shown in green colour, while extremely slow moving traffic show in red. It is updated every few minutes.
(2) Photo layers- shows thumb nails photos taken at locations around the world. One can click on a photo to see its larger version.
(3) Labels layers- Shows street, city and boundary names.
(4) Weather layer – Shows weather conditions and forecast around the world.
(5) We cam layer – Shows live images taken in the last hour from web cams around the world.
(6) Transit layer- Shows the public transport network of a city.
(7) Terrain layer – shows the geographical and topographical details in the map view.
(8) Wikipedia layer – Lets one explore an area through geographically based Wikipedia articles.
(9) 45o Imagery provides 45o perspective view for certain location in each of the cardinal directions.(North, South, East, West).