1. Per capita consumption.
1. PCC is an average consumption expenditure of the normal residents of a country in a particular year.
2. It is obtained by dividing total consumption expenditure of a country by its total population.
3. PCC = Total Consumption expenditure / Total Population.
2. Human Development Index. (H.D.I.)
1. Human Development refers to a process of enlarging people’s choices and well - being.
2. It depends upon life expectancy, educational attainment and GDP.
3. Per capita HDI is a simple average of these three factors.
4. An upward movement in HDI can be regarded as an improvement in human development which is an important ingredient of economic development.