i. All question are compulsory
ii. Figures to the right indicate full marks.
iii. Questions 1 to 5 are based on History and Questions 6 to 9 are based on Political Science.
Q1. (A) Complete the following statements by choosing the appropriate alternative from those given in the brackets. (3)
(1) It is considered that __________ is the origin of Industrial Revolution. (France, England, Germany)
(2) The Balkan Area was a part of _________ empire. (German, Austrian, Turkish)
(3) Stalin broke the ____________ treaty and established his power on Poland. (Yatla, Warsaw, NATO)
(B) Match the correct pairs.
Group A Group B
1. Woodrow Wilson (a) India's Space Research
2. Dr Vikram Sarabhai (b) Policy of self - decision
3. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam (c) India's Atomic Research.
(d) Father of Indian Missile Programmes
Q2. Answer each of the following questions in 25 to 30 words (Any two) (4)
(1) Write about the foreign policy of Bismarck.
(2) Give the meaning of the word Imperialism and write the definition of Imperialism.
(3) Due to Globalization, which fields are undergoing changes.
Q3. Give reasons for the following statements in 25 to 30 words each. (Any two) (4)
1. Africa was known as the Dark Continent till the 18th Century.
2. An all - round development of Russia did not take place.
3. The League of Nations was unable to stop the warring countries.
Q4. Answer the following questions in 30 to 40 words each. (Any two) (6)
(1) How did America destabilize Japan?
(2) Write a short note on Warsaw Treaty.
(3) Write about Lenin's New Economic Policy.
Q5. Answer the following questions in 60 to 80 words each. (Any two) (8)
1. How was India bought under the reign of England?
2. Write about Kemal Pasha'a development policy in Turkey.
3. Explain the conditions that were favourable for decolonization.
Q6. Fill in the blanks with a suitable word from those given in the brackets. (3)
(1) Citizens have to accept some restrictions on their personal liberty for ____________ purposes. (equality, political, security, justice)
(2) The claim that we are superior to others creates ___________ (equality, conflict, inequality, mutual understanding)
(3) Political parties play an important role in creating _____________ government. (responsible, strong, weak, independent)
Q7. Answer the following questions in one sentence each. (Any three) (3)
1. When is a referendum adopted?
2. What is the state or regional political party?
3. Name two people who undertook efforts to abolish the caste system in India.
4. State the meaning of tolerance.
5. What is the representative democracy?
Q8. State whether the following statements are True or False with reasons. (Any two) (4)
1. In many countries, even after the introduction of democracy women did not have the right to vote.
2. The National Congress Party is a regional party.
3. Citizens should regularly keep a watch on the functions of government.
Q9. Answer any one of the following questions in 25 to 30 words. (2)
1. Explain how economic inequality is a challenge before democracy.
2. Write a short note on fundamental rights and protection of freedom.