BISMILLAH OMTEX CLASSES HISTORY & POLITICAL SCIENCE PRELIM EXAM 40 MARKS 2 HOURS
Q.1 (A) FILL IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. The Draft Committee was formed under the leadership of __________. (Dr. Ambedkar, Sardar Vallabhai patel)
2. Hitler’s autobiography entitled __________ is a manifesto of the Nazism. (Das Capital, Mein Kampf, Young Turks)
3. In 1905 _____ made the partition of Bengal. (Lord Dalhousie, Lord Cornwallis, Lord Curzon)
(B) MATCH THE PAIRS: 3 MARKS
1. Allen Hume 1. Non-co-operation Movement
2. Mahatma Gandhi 2. Created Man-Mau Movement and Freed Kenya
3. Jomo Kenyatta 3. Partition of Bengal
Q.2 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 3 MARKS
1. Due to globalization which fields are going through change?
2. Explain the term 'aggressive nationalism?
3. Why did the conflict among England and Germany increase?
Q.3 GIVE REASONS FORTHE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
- The European felt the need for finding out new sea routes.
- China remained undivided.
- Explosive situation was created in Europe.
Q.4 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 40 TO 50 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 6 MARKS
1. Explain the importance of Computer?
2. What are the disadvantages of globalization?
3. Explain in your own words the political impact of globalization. Or how does globalization create political corruption?
Q.5 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 60 TO 80 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 8 MARKS
1. Write the reasons for imperialism?
2. How was India brought under the reign of England?
Q.6 FILLS IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. __________parties act as a watch dog of democracy. (Ruling, Opposition, Recognized, Registered)
2. The distinct nature of language, region, religion and culture is called __________. (unity, diversity, democracy, society)
3. __________ is a country homogenous in the case of language. (India, Switzerland, China, Sri Lanka)
Q.7 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY THREE) 3MARKS
1. State any two party systems?
2. What is a state level or regional political party?
3. Who undertook efforts to abolish the caste system in India?
4. What measures the government of Maharashtra has taken to ensure increase in the representation of women?
5. What is the federal system of government?
Q.8 STATE GIVING REASOSNS FOR TRUE OR FALSE: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
1. To propose a law is the responsibility of legislature in India
2. There are no restrictions on citizens holding arms in U.S
3. Higher the initiative, weaker the democracy will be-
4. No society is uniform in all respects
Q.9 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY ONE) 2 MARKS
1. Write short note on Communist Party of India?
2. What are the different ways of having people's participation in democracy?