BISMILLAH OMTEX CLASSES HISTORY & POLITICAL SCIENCE PRELIMINARY EXAM 40 MARKS 2 HOURS
Q.1 (A) FILL IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. At the end of eighteenth century, China was regarded as a _______ nation. (dormant, awakened, progress)
2. Karl Marx was a ________ philosopher. (Russian, German, Poland)
3. Mustafa Kemal Pasha was born in a wood seller’s family in ________. (Germany, Turkey, Japan)
(B) MATCH THE PAIRS: 3 MARKS
1. Benito Mussolini 1. Nazi party
2. Adolf Hitler 2. People’s Party
3. Kemal Pasha 3. Fascist Party
4. National Party
Q.2 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 3 MARKS
1. Write about the movement of release of Negros?
2. What is meant by cold War?
3. Give information about Russian Communism?
Q.3 GIVE REASONS FORTHE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
1. European countries turned towards Asia and Africa continents
2. Woodrow Wilson urged upon Allied nations to set up world organization.
3. League of Nations was unable to stop warring countries.
Q.4 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 40 TO 50 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 6 MARKS
1. Give the detailed information about the UNO before its foundation?
2. How did the nationalist feelings originate among the colonies in Asia?
3. What is the meaning of 'Period of Decolonization'? Explain?
Q.5 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 60 TO 80 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 8 MARKS
1. Write the effects of the First World War.
2. Write the significance of Russian Revolution.
Q.6 FILLS IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. To maintain and capture ________ is the main aim of the political parties. (Publicity, Minority, Power, Information)
2. Indian National Congress was established in___________ (1885, 1985, 1857, 1991)
3. At present there are ___________ national parties in India. (Six, Two, Three, Four, Seven)
Q.7 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY THREE) 3MARKS
1. What is direct democracy?
2. What is recall?
3. When is referendum adopted?
4. Why representative democracy is inevitable?
5. What is apolitical party?
Q.8 STATE GIVING REASOSNS FOR TRUE OR FALSE: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
1. When two or more than two parties come together and form government it is called two party system
2. People who share common political opinion form political party
3. The importance of regional parties has decreased in Indian Politics
4. Everyone is benefitted by diversity
Q.9 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY ONE) 2 MARKS
1. Write a note on the federal system?
2. In the light of the discussion in this chapter how will you answer the question 'who are you'?