BISMILLAH OMTEX CLASSES HISTORY & POLITICAL SCIENCE PRELIMINARY EXAM 40 MARKS 2 HOURS
Q.1 (A) FILL IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. Smt. Vijaya Laxmi Pandit was the _______of the UNO’s General Assembly in 1953. (member, President, Secretary)
2. Menshevik group leader ________ led the government. (Lenin, Kerensky, Tolstoy)
3. ‘An axe in the bunch of sticks’ is a symbol of the _________. (Fascist, Nazi, Zaibatsu)
(B) MATCH THE PAIRS: 3 MARKS
1. Apsara 1. Father of Modern Computer
2. Soviet Russia 2. Indian Atomic Reactor
3. Charlesh Babbage 3. Communism
Q.2 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 3 MARKS
1. What are the tasks of the Security Council?
2. Give information about the International Court?
3. Write the revolutionary activity of India during its freedom struggle?
Q.3 GIVE REASONS FORTHE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 25 TO 30 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
- The democratic governments in Europe started to collapse after the First World War.
- There was rise of militarism in Europe.
- The UNO Security Council plays a Prominent (important) role.
Q.4 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 40 TO 50 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 6 MARKS
1. How did America destabilize (weaken) Japan?
2. Give detailed information about social and educational work of the UNO?
3. How is modern imperialism different from old imperialism? Explain?
Q.5 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN 60 TO 80 WORDS: (ANY TWO) 8 MARKS
1. Explain the reasons of the First World War.
2. Explain the contribution of Lenin in Russian Revolution.
Q.6 FILLS IN THE BLANKS: 3 MARKS
1. The distinct nature of language, region, religion and culture is called ______. (unity, diversity, democracy, society)
2. __________ is a country homogenous in the case of language. (India, Switzerland, China, Sri Lanka)
3. __________language are listed in our constitution. (22, 42, 52, 55)
Q.7 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY THREE) 3MARKS
1. What is called as bi-party? (refer from text book)
2. What is diversity? (refer from text book)
3. State any one way of the people's participation?
4. State the meaning of tolerance.
5. Give one example of social pressure.
Q.8 STATE GIVING REASOSNS FOR TRUE OR FALSE: (ANY TWO) 4 MARKS
1. Higher the initiative, weaker the democracy will be
2. Running a government has become quite easy in modern times
3. No society is uniform in all respects
4. Caste system is like a hierarchy
Q.9 ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN ONE SENTENCES EACH: (ANY ONE) 2 MARKS
1. What measures are taken to ensure that people of different religious will live peacefully?
2. Write a note on the federal system?