T.Y.B.COM PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
MARKETING & HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
TIME: 2 HOURS
NOTE; (1) All questions are compulsory
(2) Figures to the right indicate full marks
1. Answer any ONE of the following: 15
(a) Discuss the role of the Marketing Manager in today’s changing business
(b) What is HRP? Elaborate on the steps involved in HRP.
2. Answer any TWO of the following: 15
(a) Briefly explain the techniques of building CRM.
(b) What factors influence the Pricing of a product?
(c) Enlist measures that manufacturers should take for effective Rural Marketing.
3. Answer any TWO of the following: 15
(a) List and explain any three methods of Performance Appraisal.
(b) Explain Herzberg’s Two Factor Theory of Motivation.
(c) Give an account of the objectives of HR Audit.
4. (a) Choose the appropriate answer: 15
(1) The Concept of Marketing lays emphasis on customer
satisfaction using eco-friendly means of production and marketing
( Selling, Marketing, Societal)
(2) Differential attributes of a brand which give increased value to the
firm’s balance sheet.( Brand extension, Brand report card, Brand Equity)
(3) Activities involved in selling goods or services to the final consumer for
personal, non-business use.( Social Marketing, Retail Marketing, Niche
(4) The mental capacity of an employee and his ability to understand
instructions. (Personality Test, Intelligence Test, Interest Test)
(5) Integrating the employee’s need and aspiration with organisational
requirement.(Group Dynamics, Career Planning, Empowerment)
(b) State whether TRUE or FALSE:
(1) MIS is dividing the market into groups with similar wants and needs.
(2) Service marketing is standardised and homogenous.
(3) Induction implies familiarising the employee with the organisation
and his job.
(4) A leader doesn’t necessarily have to have followers.
(5) Mentoring can use coaching, training, discussion and counselling.
(c) Match the following:
(1) Green Marketing (A) Job Rotation
(2) PLC (B) Historical cost method
(3) Internet Marketing (C) No toxic materials
(4) Training (D) Introduction-growth-maturity
(5) Human Resource Accounting (E) Worldwide presence
(F) Marketing farm produce