SECOND TERMINAL EXAMINATION - MARCH 2012
NOTE; (1) All questions are compulsory
(2) Figures to the right indicate full marks
1. (a) Briefly explain any four of the following advertising terms/names/concepts (in not more than 4 lines): 08
(I) Divergent Thinking
(ii) Family Life Cycle
(iii) Optical Centre
(v) Rational Appeal
(vi) Purpose of a headline
2. Answer any two of the following 16
(a) Briefly explain the various methods of the setting of the advertising budget.
(b) What are the various Buying Motives that an advertiser can appeal to?
(C) Elaborate on various types of Visuals used in advertisements.
3. Draw an ad layout measuring 10 inches x 8 inches for a CAR with the following : 16
(a) Selective headline
© “Product in a setting” visual
4. Write a note on any two of the following : 10
(I) Psychographic and Demographic segmentation
(ii) The Black Box Model
(iii) Pre-Testing Methods (any three)
(iv) Essentials of a good layout