October 2014 Board Paper History and Political Science
Q1. A. Complete the following statements by choosing the correct alternatives from those given in the brackets: (3)
1. Dharasana Satyagraha took place under the leadership of ______________ (Sarojini Naidu, Kasturba Gandhi, Madam Cama)
2. The __________ continent was known as the unknown continent till the 18thCentury. (Asia, Africa, America)
3. _____________ is called the father of atomic energy. (Niels Bohr, Walten, Prof.Rutherford)
B. Match the terms from Column ‘A’ to the terms of Column ‘B’ correctly: (3)
i. Secretariat of the League of Nations (b)
(a) Non – Aligned Movement
ii. Lord Curson (c)
iii. Pandit Nehru (a)
(c) Partition of Bengal
(d) President of America
Q2. Answer the following questions in 25 to 30 words each: (any two) (4)
Q3. Give reasons for the following statements in 25 to 30 words each. (any two) (4)
Q4. Answer the following questions in 40 to 50 words each: (any 2) (6)
Q5. Answer the following questions in 60 to 80 words each: (any two) (8)
3. Write the information about Russian Revolution with reference to :
Q6. Fill in the blanks using the correct alternative from the brackets: (3)
1. India has _____________ form of Democracy.
(direct, indirect, presidential, mixed)
2. The most prominent example of inequality in India is ____________ discrimination.
(religious, political, caste – based, class – based)
3. The party (or parties) wining the majority of seats in the election is known as the ____________ party.
(ruling, opposition, independent, free)
Q7. Answer the following question in one sentence each: (any three) 3.
Q8. State with reason whether the following statements are true or false: (any two) (4)
Q. 9. Answer any one of the following question in 25 to 30 words: 2