1. Fill in the blanks.
(1)WWW is the most used services on internet.
(2)E-mail messaging service uses a Mailbox system.
(3)MIME stands for Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension.
(4) In an e-mail address, the symbol @ separates the user name from the domain name.
(5)A mailbox for e-mails has password protection against access by others.
2. State whether the following statements are true or false.
(1) MIME allows file attachments to e-mail messages. True
(2) E-mails are sent using the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. True
(3) The user name for your e-mail account can start with a number. False.
(4) Messages deleted from the inbox folder of your mail box are stored in the Recycle Bin. False.
(5) Deleting unwanted e-mails is called forwarding. False.
(6) You can use the Forward feature of an e-mail service to send an e-mail message that you have received to one or more individuals. True.
(7) Mailbox passwords must be frequently changed. True.
3. Answer the following questions in one or two sentences each:
(1) What is e-mail?
Ans.The exchange of messages in electronic format with other internet users across the world.
(2)What are the default folders in your mailbox?
Ans. Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Spam and Trash are the default folders in your mailbox.
(3)Name any two popular web sites which provide e-mail service.
Ans.Yahoo Mail and Gmail.
(4)What information about received e-mails can you see in the message list of the inbox?
Ans.The senders name subject and the date on which the email was sent.