1. Dr. Manmohan Singh resigns. as Prime Minister of India.
2. Nitish Kumar resigns as Bihar CM
3. Lakhdar Brahimi: UN Envoy on Syria resigned
4. Alenka Bratusek Slovenia’s Prime Minister resigned.
5. Dilip Shanghvi named among Asia’s richest self‐made billionaires.
6. Manoj Vaish, Managing Director & CEO of Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX), resigned.
7. P Elango interim CEO & Whole time Director, quit from Cairn India.
8. Aamir Khan – Election Commission’s National Icon for Lok Sabha Elections 2014
9. Arjun Kapoor Named National Ambassador for Earth Hour 2014
10. Vivek Gundotra, chief of Google’s social networking venture Google+ resigned.
11. Nancy Powell resigned as the US Ambassador to India
12. Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Serik Akhmetov has resigned
13. South Korea's Prime Minister Chung Hong‐Won give resign over the sinking of a passenger ferry that left more than 300 people dead or missing.
14. Justice KT Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search committee
15. Hazem El‐Beblawi : Egyptian PM resigns.
16. Archana Bhargava: Chairman and Managing Director of the United Bank of India, has resigned.
17. Zaka Ashraf : Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif sacked Zaka Ashraf as the Chairman of the PCB
18. Sub‐Inspector K Prasad Babu was honoured posthumous Ashok Chakra for an anti‐Naxal operation .
19. Jamila Bayaz, first women to be appointed police chief of Kabul province. She is the first woman in Afghanistan to be appointed as police chief of an entire district.
20. Enrico Letta : Italy Prime Minister resigned.
21. Arvind Kejriwal: resign from the post of Chief Minister of Delhi.
22. Pope Francis was named as the Person of the Year 2013 by Time Magazine.
23. Wipro Chairman Azim Premji won the Economic Times Lifetime Achievement Award 2013 for his role in creating India's third largest software exporter.
24. Ali Larayedh: Prime Minister of Tunisia resigned
25. Indian‐origin academician Rakesh Khurana has been appointed dean of the prestigious Harvard College. He succeeds Evelynn Hammonds.
26. Parveen Amanullah: Bihar First Woman Muslim Minister Resigns
27. Teesta Setalvad, accused for misusing foreign funds meant for helping the victims of the 2002 Gulbarg society massacre.
28. Michael Ferreira: Billiards champion was accused in 425‐crore rupees scam in multi‐ level marketing firm QNet.
29. Justice A.K. Ganguly: West Bengal Human Rights Commission chairman Justice A.K. Ganguly resigned from the post of honorary professor of the National University of Juridical Sciences
30. V Balakrishnan: Former Infosys CFO joins AAP
31. Hardeep Singh Puri: who retired as India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, today joined BJP.
32. Chandra Kant Birla Chairman of Hindustan Motors Limited resigned from the board.
33. Michael Schumacher, is in a coma and remains in a "critical" condition after striking his head in a ski accident
34. Devyani Khobragade: Khobragade, India's deputy consul general in New York, was accused by Manhattan's Indian American US Attorney Preet Bharara of visa fraud and exploiting her babysitter and housekeeper.
35. Shashi Tharoor PETA's 'person of the year' by animal rights campaigner PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) for initiating steps for animal protection.
36. Shoma Chaudhury, managing editor of Tehelka, announced her resignation from the Tehelka, an investigative magazine.
37. Tarun Tejpal: Tehelka editor‐in‐chief was arrested on charges of sexually assaulting a young colleague.
38. Mathew Martoma: Indian‐origin hedge fund portfolio manager Mathew Martoma convicted for his role in the $275 million insider trading scheme, the most lucrative in U.S. history.