Time : 3 hours Max Marks: 80
1. (A) Answer the following. (5)
(i) Fill in the blanks and rewrite the completed statements:. (2 Marks)
1. Elements showing properties of both metals and non – metals are known as ________ (metalloids)
2. The chemical reactions in which heat is liberated are called ________ reactions. (exothermic)
(ii) Complete the analogy. (2 Marks)
1. Glass : Insulator ∷ Copper : __________ (Conductor)
2. CuI2 : Brown ∷ AgCl : ________ (White)
(iii) Find the odd one out: (1 Marks)
Loudspeaker, Microphone, Electric motor, Bar Magnet.
Ans. Bar magnet.
(B) Rewrite the following statements by selecting the correct options: (5 Marks)
1. The modern periodic table is based on ________
a. the principle of octaves
b. the atomic number of elements
c. the atomic mass of elements
d. the presence of traids of elements
2. The colour of phenolphthalein indicator in a basic solution is _______
3. 1 kilowatt hour = _______
a. 4.6 × 106 joules
b. 3.5 × 106 joules
c. 30.6 × 106 joules
d. 3.6 × 106 joules
4. The apparent depth of swimming pool is ________ the real depth.
a. less than
b. greater than
c. equal to
5. When an object is placed at the centre of curvature of a concave mirror, the image formed is _________
a. real and magnified
b. virtual and magnified
c. real and of the same size as that of the object.
d. virtual and of the same size as that of the object.
2. Attempt the following. (10 Marks)
1. Give Scientific Reason: Non-metallic character increases across a period.
2. Give Scientific Reason: Formation of a compound is a chemical change.
5. Distinguish Between: Electric Motor V/s Electric Generator.
3. Attempt any 5 of the following. (15 Marks)
2. What is ray diagram? What are the rules used for drawing ray diagram for the formation of image by spherical mirror.
6. Explain the following terms
Rancidity, Endothermic Reactions,
Rancidity, Endothermic Reactions,
Q4. Attempt the following (any 1) ( 5 marks)
2. Take finely powdered Zinc and allow it to react with CuSO4 solution. Then take Zinc granules and carry out the same reaction. Which reaction will take place faster and why?
5. (A) Say true or false with reason (5 Marks)
1. The middle part of sperm possesses _______ which produce energy. (mitochondria)
2. In _______ mode of reproduction the offsprings are with minor differences. (asexual)
3. The organic compounds having double or triple bonds in them are termed as _______ (unsaturated hydrocarbons)
4.The digested food is absorbed by the _______ in the small intestine. (villi)
5. Mercury and _______ are two metals in the liquid state at room temperature. ( gallium)
5. (B) Rewrite the following statements by selecting the correct options: (5 Marks)
1. _________ is an ore of aluminium.
d. Aluminium carbonate
2. Bronze in an alloy of ______
a. copper and tin
b. copper and iron
c. copper and zinc
d. copper and aluminium .
3. The reaction of ethene with bromine is ________
a. a substitution reaction.
b. an addition reaction.
c. an elimination reaction.
d. an oxidation reaction.
4. The unutilized carbohydrates are stored in the form of ________ in plants.
5. The ____ provides general basic design of the body.
6. Attempt the following. (10 Marks)
1. What happens: When steam is passed over aluminium.
3. Draw neat and well labelled diagram of Reflex arc. [Diagram]
7. Attempt the any five following. (15 Marks)
1. Write short notes on: Narmada Bachao Andolan
2. Distinguish between: Multiple fission and Regeneration
6. Write short notes on: Pollination
8. Attempt the following (any 1) (5 marks.)