- Attempt any five of the following: (5)
- Find the common difference (d) for the given A.P. 3, 6, 9, 12, .......
- In the linear equation x + y = 5, if x = 2 then find the value of y.
- The number (n) of notebooks and cost (P) of notebooks have direct variation between them. Write it symbolically.
- If a = 1, b = 4 , c = 1 find b2 - 4ac.
- Write 2x - 2 = x2 in the general form.
- For the given quadratic equation: 3x2 + x - 5 = 0, find b2 - 4ac.
- Attempt any four of the following. (8)
- If tn = 5n + 5, then find the first two terms of the A.P.
- Determine whether (2, 3) is the solution of linear equation 2x + 5y =19 or not.
- Solve x2 + 5x + 6 = 0 by formula method.
- Solve x2 - 7x + 12 = 0 using factorisation method.
- Express the following information in mathematical form using two variables x and y.
- Sum of two numbers is 13.
- Difference of the two numbers is 4.
- Attempt any three of the following: (9)
- Solve the quadratic equation by factorisation method: 2x2 + 8x + 6 = 0.
- Solve the simultaneous equation by method of elimination: x + y = 3; x - y = 1.
- Find the value of y from the following equation 2x + 3y = 9. If the value of x = 3.
- Complete the following table in which n ∝ m:
- Attempt any two of the following: (8)
- Find the sum of all even natural numbers from 100 to 200.
- Solve: a + 5b = 31 ; 2a = 10 - 2b. Using the method of equating the coefficient.
- Find the sum of all odd natural numbers from 1 to 100.
- Attempt any two of the following: (10)
- A farmer borrowed Rs. 8000 and agreed to repay with a total interest of Rs. 1360 in 12 monthly instalments, each instalment being less than the preceding one by Rs. 40. Find the amount of the first and the last instalments.
- Solve the following quadratic equation by completing square method: 5y2 - 4y - 1 = 0.
- Find S20 if a = 5 and d = 2.