This census was declared on 31 March 2011. Write a paragraph that includes all the information given.
(1) Total population :1.21 billion
(2) Rural – urban structure: 627,000 plus villages; 2000 plus towns and cities
(3) Rural population : 70%
(4) Male/ Female population: Males , about 62 crores (52.66%) ; females about 58 crores (47.34%)
(5) Adult literacy: 74.4%
(6) Average density of population in the country: 382 persons per sq. km.
(7) Average density of population in the ten major cities of India: 6888 people per sq. km.
(8) Age structure: youth population (below 16 years), about 44%; elderly population, (above 65 years) increased from 6.2% to 6.7% (due to education, better health services)
Population census in India – 2011
The census for 2011 was declared on March 2011. The total population of the country was found to be 1.21billion. There were more than 627,000 village in the country but only about 2000 towns and cities. The rural population accounted for about 70% of the total population. The population of male in India was about 63 crores, which was about 52.66 per cent of the total population. The female population was about 58 crores, which was about 47.34% the adult literacy rate is now about 74%. Across the nation, the average density of the population is 382 persons per sq. km. About 44% of the population in India, is made up of the youth ( below 16years of age). The population of the elderly ( above 65 years of age) has increased from 6.2 to 6.7 per cent due to education and better health facilities.