2. The height gained by plants depends upon the amount of growth hormone produced by the plant.
3. The quantity of hormones produced by the plants depends upon the efficiency of the concerned enzyme.
4. Efficient enzymes produce hormones in greater quantity resulting in the plants gaining height and thus becoming tall.
5. On the other hand, if the enzymes are less efficient, they produce less quantity of growth hormone which results in the stunted growth of the plants.
6. The production of enzymes is controlled by genes. Therefore, genes regulate the height of a plant.