Note: (1) As per new syllabus paper pattern Maharashtra State Board.
I. (A) Complete the following sentences by selecting the appropriate words given in the bracket:
1. The imperialism in the modern period is a result of _____ revolution.
(French, industrial, Russian)
2. Vasco da Gama sought business concessions from king _______ of Calicut.
(Jahangir, Zamorin, Shahalam)
3. The African continent was known as ________ until the 18th Century.
(nation of slaves, unknown continent, undeveloped nation)
1. Kaiser William II
2. Archduke Franz Ferdinand
3. Woodrow Wilson
1. Why did the conflict among England and Germany increase?
2. Give the meaning of the word 'Imperialism' and write the definition.
3. In which regions of Asia, European nations imposed their imperialism?
4. What were the objectives of the League of Nations?
5. Write about the nature of modern imperialism.
III. Answer the following questions in 20 to 25 words: (Any 3) (6)
1. A war fought for peace means cold war.
2. Write a short note on SEATO.
IV. Give reasons for the following in 20 to 25 words. (Any 3) (6)
V. Answer the following in 40 to 50 words. (Any 1) (4)
VIII. Answer the following in 20 to 25 words: (Any 1) (2)